WHAT IS SATELLITE BROADCASTING?
Satellite broadcasting is the transmission of television or radio signals from an artificial satellite. In other words, a receiver decodes the incoming signals and presents them to the user .
Early television system viewers used C-band radio for broadcasting. These broadcasts were free, however viewers had to hunt them down. Modern supercharged satellites have inherent operational benefits in television and radio distribution.
HOW DOES SATELLITE BROADCASTING WORK?
Basically there are 5 major elements concerned in a (DBS) direct broadcasting satellite system: the programming supply, the printed center, the satellite, the satellite dish and also the receiver.
How the Elements works
• Programming sources are channels that offer programming for broadcast. However a supplier is quite sort of a broker between you and also the actual programming sources. ; it pays different corporations to broadcast their content via satellite.
• Broadcast center is that the central hub of the system. Likewise the television supplier receives signals from varied programming sources and beams a broadcast signal to satellites in orbit.
• Active satellites receive the signals from the printed station and send them to Earth.
• Viewer’s dish picks up the signal from the satellite (or multiple satellites within the same a part of the sky) and passes it on to the receiver within the viewer’s house.
• The receiver processes the signal and passes it on to a regular TV.
FUNCTION OF SATELLITE BROADCASTING
Over one billion homes on our planet have television sets and these homes together receive over twenty five thousand TV channels by satellite broadcasting. Similarly, satellites are effective in transporting video content from live shows and events, for instance the Olympics to the audience all around the world.
Conclusively, satellite broadcasting technology is a mainstay in wireless knowledge communication. Its capabilities continue to improve as new wireless communication strategies emanate.