What Is Fibre Internet?
Fibre internet can be described as an internet connection that makes use of fibre-optic cables to send data at incredible speeds. Fibre internet is a broadband connection enabled using fibre-optic cables. it can reach speeds of up to 940 Megabits per second (Mbps), with low lag time. The technology uses fibre-optic cable, which amazingly can send data as fast about 70% the speed of light. In addition, fibre-optics cables are not susceptible to severe weather conditions as other types of traditional cables which helps to minimize outages.
Brief History of Fibre Internet
Though many people think of fibre-optic as a new technology, it actually dates back to the 1970s, when it was first used in telecommunications. in 1998, fibre-optic cables were laid beneath the ocean connecting the U.S to Europe. over the years, more and more lines were laid under the sea, so today a huge network of fibre-optic cables stretches around the entire globe.
In developed nations, fiber-optic lines replaced the older copper lines years ago forming the core or “backbone” of our current internet networks. Only recently has it become more cost effective to install fiber lines than copper ones. so as the technology keeps improving, fibre-optics networks are expanding rapidly across cities and directly to homes.
Is Fibre Internet faster?
High speed internet connections transmit data at different speeds. In addition to being faster, fibre is widely considered to be more reliable and is an excellent choice for telecommunications, gamer, multi-user households and businesses. in thinking about speed, you can’t ignore the impact of WiFi. The everyday connection speed you experience can be limited by the use of wireless technology which tends to lose signal strength (reduced bandwidth) as compared to the wired connection that enters your router.
Benefits of Fibre Internet
It is best to first understand the various industries and uses of fibre optics cables. The cabling serves the following purposes:
- Internet connection which connects everyone (more quickly) at affordable costs.
- Connecting telephones and modern age telephony
- Connecting computer networks together to boost the speed of communication
- Used in the dentistry and surgery
- Decorations and lighting when referencing household and general purpose illumination
- Inspection of remote areas
- Improving the quality of cable transmissions
Looking at the various benefits, many might still be in doubt about the positive impact that fibre optics are playing in the other sectors, besides home and networking uses. This might be due to the fact they are not aware of what makes a fibre optic important and stand out. The following are some considerations to that come into play when boosting the use of Fibre optic cables
- Reliability: With fibre internet, you wont need to worry about losing connection during an important meeting or class. fibre internet is widely considered to be reliable than DSL or cable internet. Another benefit that you can gain fro fibre optic cables is their reliability which is resistant to changes in weather and temperature.
- Speed: Fibre internet backs up your entire hard-drive to the cloud, including large photos and videos in minutes. The current lifestyle is very busy, and you need faster internet connection speeds that promote convenience and reliability.
- Ease in accessing the the internet: Fibre internet ensures higher bandwidth allowing the entire household to stream, work, game and back-up data with less congestion or data delays.
- Greater and better bandwidth: A better bandwidth is crucial since it provides you with the ability to transmit more data when considering a similar diameter. With fibre optic, the level of network connectivity between computers has also been made a lot easier and more convenient.
- Flexibility and versatility: The current technological landscape is very quick in evolution, so users are looking for a network that keeps up with those changes. you can always upgrade your equipment to sync them with fibre optic cables.
How is fiber different from other types of internet?
The main difference is that fiber doesn’t utilize electric current like other types of internet connections do. It uses light, delivered through the fiber glass core.
Internet technologies have evolved dramatically over time.
Are you interested in getting Fibre Internet?
CityFibre is continually expanding its fibre optic network across the country and its environs. visit http://www.cityfibre.com for more information and see if you can get our internet service near you!